Saturday, August 19, 2006

The eye...

As I mentioned in my last post, I am always writing something or other. Before I started on Enlightenment, I spent a year researching and writing another project with another artist. I won't go into all the details here- suffice it to say that he had an "idea" he wanted me to make into a story, and I quickly realized that his sketchy "vision" for a story could be accomplished in 2 pages. I liked his art, however, so I took the idea of this main character and built a complex, surreal story around it. It was one of the best things I have ever written, but because the artist decided he didn't want to actualy draw the blasted thing, the project was shelved. Furthermore, even though the story I wrote and the "idea" the artist had really don't have much in common, we had a dispute over who actually owns the thing and for the time being, it's going to have to sit in a notebook in my closet.


While I won't deny that I was kind of angry over the situation, I have recently been comforted by 2 facts: He bailed before he saw the bulk of the script, and while he's the copyright owner of the images he's done and the original title of the book, I legally own the rest . I went through all my e-mails with the artist and found that his entire contibution to the book consisted of a single 11 word sentence, which I have since removed. I have learned alot about writing since then, and I intend to re-work the script a bit and look for a new artist to make the zombie revenge epic I've written a reality...

One scene I wrote for that story which didn't really fit into the flow of the overall book was titled "The Eye." One of my good friends, Artist and EIC for Megazeen Joey Endres, just finished illustrating that script for MZ12. I'll let you all know when the book is available, so you can check out a small glimpse of what could have been and what might be again sometime in the future....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home