Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Holding out for a Hero

Having never worked on a "Hero" type book before, I have been thinking alot lately about the idea of Heroes in literature; In my life, a Hero would be someone who kept me from being beat up on the playground or who runs into burning buildings to save people... but in literature, you usually have to do something bigger or flashier than that. You need to be bigger or stronger or better than other people. You have to stomp the bad guys into the ground. And most importantly, you HAVE to win.

In the book Dan and I are doing, I want to do something different with our Hero, because I don't think that literature (especially in comics) gives us the whole picture. I'm not sure where it's all going to take us, but it's sometimes fun to head out on an adventure and not know exactly where you'll end up....

But for those of you that need your traditional Heroes- check out this. It's got all my biggest Heroes in it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home