Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Talking Behind My Back

Working on KING! has been a surprising ride so far; Not that I thought the book wouldn't Rock and rock hard... But I never figured it would strike the cord that it did. The people that love KING! really seem to LOVE it- we're showing up on Myspace top 8's like we were Kat Von D or something, and people are talking about KING! to anyone who will listen. Pro comic book people are sending us some love too- here's a little sample of what turns up in our inbox:

"The King is back, and he's kicking zombie ass! One of the most absurdly fun comics I've ever read."
Dan Wickline (Writer, "30 Days of Night: Spreading the Disease")

“Dude! I read the book. It BLEW MY MIND!!! Great stuff.”
Jose L. Torres (Writer, "The Hunger")

...Yo' KING!!! KICKS ASS, love your book...looKING to see more...
A New Fan
Tone Rodriguez (Artist, "UTF," "The Coven," "Conan")

"Masterfully combines the absurd monster-bashing action of 1960's Mexican Wrestler movies with the knowing wit and winks of an Abbott and Costello horror spoof!"
Paul Castiglia (writer, "Archie's Weird Mysteries," "Tex Avery Comics")

And there are tons more... to the point where I'm almost a little embarrassed to open my mail anymore.

Guess I better get used to it: What else should I expect when I hang with the King?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kneon Transitt said...

Rock on, Tom!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home