Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Show And Tell

Back in June, I work the Big Apple Con in NYC and I met the people who do a radio show called The Comic Book Novice; It's a half hour call in program dealing with comics, both independent and mainstream, and they feature guests who are creators of various books. They did a video interview with me (which has yet to make it to the web) and I was asked to be a guest on an upcoming broadcast. While I wasn't sure if being asked meant they thought something I did was interesting or if they just ask any schlub who makes comics and doesn't wear a tinfoil hat, but I really didn't care. I did alot of radio back in college and I always loved the medium, and I think it's going to be alot of fun talking about comics...

There is one potential problem I'm going to have, though, and that will be knowing exactly what I can talk about. If you read my blog at all you'll have guessed by now that some of my projects are still in the working stage, and I can't really get into any detail about them. Enlightenment will be out soon- but there isn't a release date for it yet. KING! is on hiatus while we re-work the book a bit, and work out the what,where,when of a deal that's been in the works since February to bring it to a decent publisher... which, again, I can't discuss just yet. Then there are a couple of other projects I'm working on in earnest- one of which will have a release date soon... but I really don't have anything to say about that one, because my work is done already for it and I don't even have a contract to do it yet.

I could talk about the Mets. They are still in first place.

Other than that, I am hoping to hear some news on SOMETHING so I have stuff to talk about.

For those of you in the NYC listening area, The Comic Book Novice is on 1240 AM every Thursday night from 9 to 9:30 PM or you can go to their site and hear it via the internet. I'll be on August 30th, so call them at (631) 888-88-11 and say hi when the time comes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home