Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Dungeons And Dragons

The other day, I heard someone quote the book of Proverbs where it says the following:

"We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall."


To me, there is something comforting in that idea.

About a week ago, I was all but signed on to do another big project; Something for a major publisher which I knew was being moved forward as their "next big thing" type of offering. The artist doing it is extremely tallented, the offer was nice and the material was right up my alley.

Needless to say, I walked away.

While part of me looks at that and thinks, "Wow, Tom, you really ARE a dork," I also know that there is a plan to the Universe that I am not privy to, and for me, this was a necessary step.

I will say this- I second guessed myself all day yesterday and most of today...

Until, that is, I opened my e-mail and got to see the first pencils for the Manga book I'm doing. Seeing that, I think I'm going to be tied up for a bit.

"But," you may ask, "wasn't it a waste of time to persue that other offer?"

Ah! That's where the wisdom comes in.

Sure, things may be directed... But nothing happens until you roll the dice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kneon Transitt said...

Sounds like a nifty project.

Writers who think visually like artists are a rare breed. When you find one or two, it makes the work that much easier.

Oh... what were we talking about again... ?

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home