Thursday, October 11, 2007

Letting One Go

When it comes to blogging, I am kind of torn; Part of me wants to do it more often- it's fun, and with so many projects in the air right now, there is plenty to talk about. The other part of me doesn't like the whole "look at me! look at me!" side to blogging and the internet in general. I guess I'd rather let the Art do the talking and get out of the way. I was always a shy person, and although I put on a good front, I would much rather be sitting somewhere scribbling in a notebook than drawing attention to myself...

I know some people who do comics who blog almost every day. Some of them post new comics every day too- that's a bit too ambitious for me, but I guess it's a good discipline to be that prolific. Getting everything out, however, isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Make one comment to someone about your displeasure over something they did and you are being honest. Make two, and you are being inflammatory. Three, and you look like a donkey or some similarly equated animal... What happens all too often is people hype themselves so much, they believe everything they write.

As for me- I am waiting on a final cover to show you for the new Manga book I have been working on and there is some news on a few other fronts. In the meantime- enjoy a little bit of The Life of Fred. I'm hoping to collect all his "adventures" in one place at some point, including a few that never saw print for various reasons...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home