Saturday, November 22, 2008

"...Don't Be Afraid Of What You Can't See..."

One of the things I have admired about Daniel from my early dealings with him, is that he has always pushed himself to put his best into the final product. Each image should have as much impact as possible, and should be everything that it can be. I also strive for that in my writing, and I try to push myself to find an angle to every story that isn't the expected or hasn't been done before in that particular way...

Of the many ways that this quality manifests itself, is that Daniel likes to do his own covers. That initial image should ideally draw a person in, and make them want to find out what is inside waiting for the reader...

Daniel did the image above as the cover for Robot 13's 1st issue. I have no doubt that it will be, but it won't be the only cover...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home