Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Fan Fiction

One of the fun things about doing comics and knowing alot of artists and writers is finding whether or not something you are doing works from a creative and even a "fanboy" sense. Sometimes, you hear about that privately~ quite often, I will get an email from a writer or two that I know about something I have done, either telling me what aspects they like or asking questions about things that didn't work for them. It's nice getting constructive comments, both positive and negative, because you can always grow from that.

Artists, on the other hand, tend to do things a little differently. Most of the time, a visual artist never tells me when they don't like something. When they do dig it, however, I usually find out because they become inspired to draw something from the work in question. All my writing career, I have done different things that end up on other people's blogs or in their sketchbooks... It's flattering, sure, but I never know about it (usually) unless I stumble across it.

Today's image is from a friend's blog- check it out here. (Please note that the copyright for Robot 13 should be C. Daniel Bradford and Thomas Hall) In any case, the intentions are good and it's a fun piece...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home