Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Kids Con Job

Paul and I were at the Kids Comic Con on Saturday, and it was an excellent experience; It was well put together, with a very nice variety of artists and groups represented, and the kids all seemed to have a lot of fun. Quite a few of the children in attendance went away with copies of Mecha Manga Bible Heroes, and everyone who did seemed to be genuinely enthusiastic about having a copy.

Of all the interactions with kids and parents, one specifically stood out:

A group of kids came up to our table, seemingly drawn to the large reproduction of the cover that we had up as our display. One of them looked at Paul and asked, "What is your book about?"

Paul told him, "It's a futuristic re-telling of Bible stories."

"The first issue," I interjected, "is the story of David and Goliath."

The kid picked the book up and said to me, "Wow, that's cool, " and then asked, "Are you the artist?"

I smiled at him and told him, "No, I'm one of the writers..."

He stood there for just a second, looked at me quizzically and asked, "You... wrote the BIBLE?"

Later on, when the group came back, he introduced me to everyone as "Moses..."

1 Comments:

Blogger Kneon Transitt said...

Good to hear it went over well with the kids! They're the ones that count, right? ;)

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home