Thursday, May 14, 2009

Double Scoop Delight

When I was a kid, my dad and I went on a lot of fishing trips. Most of the time, we would go to a lake a few miles away where his mother had a house- it was close enough to get there & back quickly, and the fishing was always pretty good. On one occasion, we caught a particularly nasty and unwanted "fish" that turned out to be an adult male snapping turtle. The thing had a shell bigger than my head, and it was none too pleased to be suspended from a hook through it's beak.

Needless to say, neither one of us wanted to take the hook out of it's mouth, so we cut our losses (and the line) and let the turtle drop back into the water from whence it came...

On the way back home, my dad & I stopped for ice cream. As usual, I couldn't decide which flavor to get- I was a big Chocolate ice cream fan, but they had a very tasty Black Raspberry ice cream there as well. I told my dad that I couldn't make up my mind about it, and he told me this, "Well, you almost lost a limb to Gamera today, so have a scoop of each..."

While it may sound like an odd mix, that double scoop combo is STILL my all time favorite, and when I go for a cone these days, that is my usual.

Why tell that story?

Maybe it's because, in some small way, Robot 13's sea beastie battles reminded me of that childhood memory.

Or maybe it was because Diamond Scoop covered Robot 13 today, and one scoop reminded me of two scoops of delicious ice cream...

Mmmmm. Ice Cream...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great story. It reminded me of some of the fishing trips I used to take with my father and my uncle. Never caught much, but drinking Sun Drop from a glass bottle while riding in the back of Dad's pick up are still some of my favorite memories.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home