Wednesday, February 03, 2010

What'D Ya Do?

As I work on comics, I tend to do alot of research; some things make it into the final product, and some lead to interesting dead ends. In every case, I end up gathering alot of odds and ends that I think may shed some light on things. In working on Robot 13" Colossus! Issue 3, I came across the following (In no special order):

The "Modern" storyline in Robot 13 takes place in 1939 Spain during the Spanish Civil War. In researching the subject I read Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell, as well as books by Hellen Graham, Hugh Thomas, and Alun Kenwood and many others.

The setting of the bulk of Issue 3 was inspired by pictures such as this.

While Polyphemus wasn't the inspiration for our Cyclops, The Theogony of Hesiod was.

On Youtube I found this, this and this- none of which were of much help.

This, however, was just awesome.

In addition, you may find the following useful when your read Robot 13: Colossus Issue 3:

If you watch this movie, you will find something of an "easter egg" in issue 3.

It helps when you read issue 3 if you know that carnicerĂ­a has 2 meanings.

And yes, Buenaventura Durruti does make an appearance in issue 3...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home